Owing to the coronovirus outbreak, airlines based in North America, Europe and Asia are canceling flights to China. British Airways, United Airlines, American Airlines, Air Asia, Cathay Pacific, Air India, IndiGo, Lufthansa and Finnair have announced plans to slash the number of flights they are operating to China or stop flying to the country entirely, as the deadly virus continues to spread.
- Nearly 6000 cases have reported
- 132 people have died from the virus. The previous count on Tuesday was 106. The number of deaths could be higher
- Thailand has reported 14 cases of infection; Hong Kong has 10; the United States, Taiwan, Australia and Macau have 5 each; Singapore, South Korea, France and Malaysia each have reported 4; Japan has seven; Canada has 3; Vietnam has 2; and Nepal, Cambodia, Germany and the United Arab Emirates have one each.
- Cases recorded in Taiwan, Germany, Vietnam and Japan involved patients who had not been to China.
- There have been no reported deaths outside China.